Being a “Man of God” can mean taking a lot of flak. But I’d rather take flak for the truth then be thought well of for any/all the lies of the world.
This morning I was reading 1 Timothy, chapter 6. Paul referred to Timothy as a “man of God” in this letter and laid out some basic principles for godly men to follow:
- a man of God does not teach false doctrines, he teaches and fights for truth.
- a man of God does not enjoy and provoke controversy and quarrels.
- a man of God does not see godliness as a means to financial gain.
- a man of God puts his hope and trust in God, not money.
- a man of God finds his contentment in Christ, not in wealth.
- a man of God pursues righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
- a man of God is generous and rich in good…
View original post 153 more words